Good Good Golf Removes Driver Ad, Apologizes Following Online Backlash
Good Good Golf, the YouTube channel-turned-major golf brand, has deleted and apologized for a video it posted across social media Friday promoting its new co-branded driver with Callaway.
The 15-second ad depicted Good Good creator Garrett Clark running and shoving fellow Good Good talent Alexis Miestowski to the ground as she reached for the club out of his bag. Standing above Miestowski as she lay on her back, Clark threateningly says, “Do not touch my new driver.”
It sparked online outrage almost immediately, with many users—including several high-profile golf media personalities—describing the ad as confusing, scary, and endorsing violence against women. By Friday evening, the video was removed from all Good Good platforms; by midday Saturday, the company had issued an apology.
“We posted a video to our channels that ultimately depicted actions that are not aligned with our values as a brand,” Good Good wrote in a post on its X/Twitter account. “We have since taken that content down, and sincerely apologize. Good Good has always stood for making the game of golf more inclusive to all, and we will continue to ensure that is our mission moving forward.”
A Callaway spokesperson provided a statement to Front Office Sports shortly after, noting the company was “disappointed by the content that was posted” and is “appreciative of Good Good for addressing” the situation. The spokesperson, however, did not respond to a list of questions from FOS, including how involved Callaway was in the ad’s ideation and production.
This is very scary tbh pic.twitter.com/9bloWsR6Wz
— claire rogers (@kclairerogers) August 22, 2026
Callaway added that it “look[s] forward to working together to ensure a more inclusive space in golf,” suggesting the company has no immediate plans to change or terminate its formal partnership with Good Good, which began in 2023. In addition to special-edition clubs, the companies have released co-branded balls, gloves, and shoes over the years.
The tie-up was legitimizing for Good Good, marking its first major foray into the legacy golf space since launching in mid-2020. It has since signed sponsorship deals with a handful of professional golfers and will be the title sponsor of the Good Good Championship, a PGA Tour Fall Series event taking place Nov. 12–15 at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa in Austin, Texas.
But calls for the Tour to drop Good Good as the tournament’s title sponsor are growing amid backlash to the ad. Reached for comment by Golf Digest, the Tour said it does “not condone violence in any form, and the since-deleted video does not reflect [its] values or commitment to inclusivity and respect.”
Women have played an important role in golf’s ongoing boom: According to recently released statistics from the National Golf Foundation, they now represent 28% of the on-course golfing population in the United States, the highest share on record and up from 20% in 2012. Women are also key drivers of the simultaneous golf apparel boom, which companies like Good Good have benefited from.
Good Good’s VP of brand and marketing, Jeffrey Lefkovits, told FOS in a July interview that the company has gone from roughly 800 to 4,000 retail doors in the last year and is making a “conscious effort” to grow its women’s business.
“We brought in the Good Good Girls and they have been immensely helpful in really giving us a team to design products around and to get feedback from,” Lefkovits said, referring to the women-focused YouTube channel it started in late 2025. Four ex-college golfers regularly appear in Good Good Girls content, including Miestowski. “So we’ve just started rolling out apparel that’s been shaped with them in mind this year.”
The post Good Good Golf Removes Driver Ad, Apologizes Following Online Backlash appeared first on Front Office Sports.
Discover more from NAIRAVOICE.COM.NG
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.