Seahawks fan favorite has ‘long-term’ injury, says Mike Macdonald
It looks as if Jake Bobo‘s fourth season with the Seattle Seahawks is already over.
The fan favorite wide receiver and special teams contributor suffered what was described as a “bad-looking leg injury” during Friday’s joint practice with the Tennessee Titans in Nashville. He was carted off after awkwardly landing on a catch attempt, and barring some very favorable imaging, that will be his last action on the field this year.
“Our heart goes out to Jake Bobo,” Mike Macdonald said after practice. “Seems like it’s going to be a serious knee, we’re going to get it imaged, but early returns—looks like it’s a long-term injury. So that’s unfortunate.”
Bobo re-signed with the Seahawks on a two-year deal after matching the Jacksonville Jaguars‘ restricted free agent offer sheet. He’s functioned as the fourth or fifth option at wide receiver, doing a lot of the dirty work as a blocker and in kick and punt return coverage. His NFC Championship touchdown against the Los Angeles Rams was his only score all season and it helped Seattle get to the Super Bowl.
In all likelihood, Bobo would’ve played the Sunday preseason game against the Titans, having played the first half of last week’s game against the Dallas Cowboys. Unfortunately, it appears as if the next time we see Bobo will be 2027.
For any semblance of good news, Macdonald indicated that other Seahawks injuries (which included Montorie Foster and Abe Lucas) were heat-related/cramps, so there’s nothing to worry about on that front. But this is ultimately a devastating injury for Bobo and a blow to both Seattle’s offense and special teams.
Discover more from NAIRAVOICE.COM.NG
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.