Syndicated reporting provided by Stats Perform and reviewed by the SoccerNews editorial team.
Manchester City have confirmed midfielder Tijjani Reijnders has left the club to join Saudi Pro League side Al-Qadsiah.
Reijnders only joined City from AC Milan last summer for a reported £46.5m (€54.2m) transfer fee, but he has decided to leave England to head to the Saudi Pro League.
The 28-year-old made 50 appearances across all competitions, with 34 of those coming as starts, scoring seven goals as well as providing seven assists.
During his sole season at City, the Netherlands international also lifted the EFL Cup and FA Cup, but he was an unused substitute in both of those matches.
“I have been incredibly privileged to play for Manchester City, and I have relished every minute of my time here,” Reijnders told City’s website.
“From the very moment I arrived, everyone at the club – players, coaches and staff – made me feel so welcome and a part of the Manchester City family.
“I would also like to say a special thank you to the City fans who were so warm and supportive both to me and my family.
“To be part of the squad that won two such special trophies last season were both incredible experiences and achievements that I will savour forever.
“I may be moving on, but I will always have a special place in my heart for Manchester City.”
Tijjani Reijnders has joined Al Qadsiah on a permanent deal, subject to international clearance.
— Manchester City (@ManCity) August 19, 2026
Reijnders is yet another high-profile exit from City this summer, following the departures of Rodri, John Stones, Bernardo Silva and Pep Guardiola.
He will now work under Brendan Rodgers at Al-Qadsiah, who finished fourth in the Pro League last season and nine points behind champions Al-Nassr.
Only Al-Nassr (91) and Al-Hilal (85) scored more goals than Al-Qadsiah’s 83 last term, and Reijnders will be aiming to add more attacking threat from midfield.
Reijnders is Al-Qadsiah’s second-most expensive signing in their history, behind only Mateo Retegui, who joined from Atalanta last year.
Al-Qadsiah opened their 2026-27 league campaign with a 3-1 win over Al-Shabab, with Mohammed Abu Al Shamat, Julian Quinones and Turki Al Ammar all on target.
General Soccer News
Musiala reveals absence seizure diagnosis
General Soccer News
Arteta: Community Shield win has set the standard for Arsenal
General Soccer News
Lens had to ‘go to war’ to beat PSG in Trophee des Champions
General Soccer News
Iraola says shutout win over Como positive for Liverpool debutants Jacquet and Araujo
General Soccer News
Mourinho thrilled with Madrid’s growth after passing final pre-season test
General Soccer News
Flick concedes Barcelona could still be ‘missing something’
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Discover more from NAIRAVOICE.COM.NG
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

