Police probe viral video of officers extorting motorists in Kaduna

Nairavoice | 4h ago 174 0 2 min read
Police probe viral video of officers extorting motorists in Kaduna

The Kaduna State Police Command has ordered a full-scale investigation into officers caught on camera allegedly extorting money from motorists and cyclists during a stop-and-search operation.

The command’s spokesperson, DSP Mansir Hassan, confirmed the development in a statement on Tuesday, August 18, 2026.

According to the report, Hassan noted that the Commissioner of Police, CP Rabiu Muhammad, directed that the affected officers be identified and summoned for questioning.

He stressed that any officer found guilty of professional misconduct would face strict disciplinary measures.

Explaining the command’s guidelines on checkpoints, the PPRO stated that routine roadblocks and stop-and-search duties have been restricted, except in areas where intelligence points to the movement of weapons or criminals.

The police noted that the spot featured in the viral video, located in a suburb of Millennium City, is a known security flashpoint where operatives previously recovered 20 AK-47 rifles along the same route.

However, the CP warned that legitimate security duties must not be used as an excuse for harassment or extortion.

An eyewitness who recorded the incident shared details of what transpired at the scene.

“I saw these police guys wearing SCID jackets. I watched them for a while, and they were actually extorting people. I just need them to know that people are seeing and people are watching.

Enjoying this article? Support our work with a small crypto donation.

“They stopped two guys, took them to their car, and collected money from them. I saw it.

I don’t know if they are allowed to use unidentified vehicles, but this car that they are using has no plate number; it is not a police vehicle, looking at it.

“I know they have been warned not to put roadblocks, but these people blocked half of the road, and I have it on record. I called the DPO at Millennium City; he said they are not his boys, and if they are wearing SCID, then they will be from the Force Headquarters,” the witness said.

Show Some Love By Sharing

Discover more from NAIRAVOICE.COM.NG

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Enjoyed this? A small crypto donation helps us keep publishing.
Nairavoice
Nairavoice

Contributor at NairaVoice.com.ng

Related Posts

Leave a Reply