El-Rufai detention: ‘They brought ‘Russian doctor’ without family consent’ – Timi Frank alleges

Nairavoice | 2d ago 87 0 2 min read
El-Rufai detention: ‘They brought ‘Russian doctor’ without family consent’ – Timi Frank alleges

Timi Frank, a former deputy spokesperson to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, has raised fresh alarm over the health and safety of former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, who is currently under the custody of the Department of State Security Service. 

In a statement on Friday, Frank alleged that a Russian doctor was brought on Thursday to examine El-Rufai without the family’s consent. 

Frank queried the motive behind the foreign doctor’s examination of El-Rufai against the wish of the former governor. 

More Hot Update :  Trust and a connection - why Raducanu rehired Richardson

According to him, El-Rufai looked healthy in his last appearance at the Federal High Court, further faulting DSS’s alleged motive. 

“A DSS official reached out to me to reliably confirm that a Russian doctor visited Mallam Nasir El-Rufai at about 9:45 p.m. under the claim that he was ill and required medical attention.

“Although Mallam El-Rufai allegedly refused initially, he was reportedly compelled to undergo medical examination,” Frank said.

“If Mallam El-Rufai is truly ill, why bring in a foreign doctor at that time of the night?” He queried.

More Hot Update :  Ekiti North APC Senatorial primary failed to meet standard – Dare Owolabi demands cancellation

“I pray that northern elders and youths will not sit back and watch anything untoward happen to Mallam El-Rufai,” Frank said. 

“I therefore call on the Nigerian Bar Association, religious leaders, northern elders, traditional rulers, northern youths, civil society organizations, well-meaning Nigerians, and the international community to urgently demand his immediate release so he can adequately prepare for his defense,” the former APC spokesman urged. 

Recall that El-Rufai was granted N100 million bail by Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court, Abuja, over alleged national security breach. 

More Hot Update :  APC primary: Tinubu records landslide support across 225 Kebbi wards

However, El-Rufai was taken back into custody by the DSS pending when he meets his bail conditions. 

DAILY POST reports that the family of El-Rufai had earlier raised alarm over the former governor’s continued detention. 

Be transparent to electricity consumers – Abia govt tells electricity companies 

Show Some Love By Sharing

Discover more from NAIRAVOICE.COM.NG

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Nairavoice
Nairavoice

Contributor at NairaVoice.com.ng

Related Posts

Leave a Reply