DSS warns of planned terrorist, bandit attacks on Sokoto tertiary institutions

Nairavoice | 5h ago 162 0 2 min read
DSS warns of planned terrorist, bandit attacks on Sokoto tertiary institutions

The Department of State Services, DSS, Sokoto State Command, has warned of intelligence indicating plans by terrorists and bandit groups to attack tertiary institutions across the state.

The warning was contained in a letter dated July 18, 2026, addressed to the Sokoto State Government and signed on behalf of the State Director of Security, B. Abdulaziz.

In the security alert titled “Planned Attack on Tertiary Institutions by Terrorist and Bandit Gangs,” the DSS said criminal groups were shifting their focus from primary and secondary schools to universities and other tertiary institutions.

According to the Service, the institutions could be targeted because of the concentration of students, academic and non-academic staff and their family members, raising the possibility of abductions.

The DSS warned that attacks on tertiary institutions could disrupt academic activities and create fear among students and staff.

It called for an immediate review and strengthening of security measures around tertiary institutions across the state.

Enjoying this article? Support our work with a small crypto donation.

The Service said relevant security and response agencies had been alerted to the threat and urged them to deploy measures to prevent possible attacks and protect students, staff and educational infrastructure.

The DSS also urged the Sokoto State Government to take coordinated steps to strengthen security around universities and other tertiary institutions in the state.

Show Some Love By Sharing

Discover more from NAIRAVOICE.COM.NG

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Enjoyed this? A small crypto donation helps us keep publishing.
Nairavoice
Nairavoice

Contributor at NairaVoice.com.ng

Related Posts

Leave a Reply