Fabregas played ‘massive part’ in Chalobah choosing Como over Inter
Syndicated reporting provided by Stats Perform and reviewed by the SoccerNews editorial team.
Trevoh Chalobah revealed Cesc Fabregas played a “massive part” in the defender choosing Como over other interested clubs.
The England international joined Como following a reported €30m (£25.6m) deal from Chelsea, signing a five-year deal with the Serie A side.
The 27-year-old made 151 appearances for the Blues and won five major honours, while he also trained alongside Fabregas prior to making his senior debut.
Serie A champions Inter were reportedly interested in signing Chalobah this summer, but he eventually chose Como while Cristian Chivu’s side signed John Stones.
Chalobah explained his reasons for favouring Como, with Fabregas at the heart of the decision.
“I remember how demanding he was with the younger players. So yeah, I know him really well,” Chalobah told BBC Sport about Fabregas.
“He was a massive part. He explained what he wanted, the way he sees the club and how he sees me fitting into this club and how I can help – having a lot of experience, physicality as well as the leadership.
“It wasn’t an overnight thing; it was a very thoughtful and hard decision. But I thought, as I said, the trajectory of this club and the direction it’s going in, and speaking to the manager, and wanting to be part of this story.
“I’m really excited for this new chapter in my beautiful story that I’ve had so far.”
A first start in BiancoBlu for @TrevohChalobah against Liverpool pic.twitter.com/oOY1Kuao5e
— Como1907 (@Como_1907) August 17, 2026
Chalobah also represented England at this summer’s World Cup, where the Three Lions finished third in the tournament.
Chalobah’s only appearance in the competition came in the third-place play-off as England defeated France 6-4.
“No one wants to come third. You’re just one step away from the final,” Chalobah added.
“It was definitely hard for the players. It did hit us for a couple of days. You know how hard the boys worked, how they believed that we could win it.
“And yeah, we were so close. But we learn from this and be proud of what we’ve done and achieved.”
Serie A News
Coppa Italia elimination ‘a punch in the face’ for Gattuso’s Lazio
Serie A News
Juventus get Lucumi signing over the line
Serie A News
Spence says Inter’s illustrious history sold him on Italy move
Premier League
Aston Villa move for Zion Suzuki amid Martinez uncertainty
Serie A News
Inter bring in Spence to replace Dumfries
Serie A News
Mateta grateful for failed Milan medical after discovering knee issue
We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Discover more from NAIRAVOICE.COM.NG
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.